Are you a female entrepreneur and running an Agribusiness in East African or Southern Africa? This call is for you to register for VALUE4HER run by The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA). VALUE4HER is a continental initiative aimed at increasing incomes for women from agribusinesses through access to markets, finance, improving knowledge, skills and capacity and through advocacy, thus addressing some of the key barriers for women’s empowerment in agriculture.
OBJECTIVE OF THIS CALL
By registering, you will become part of a network of women-owned agribusinesses in Africa, the first agribusiness intelligence network targeting women agri-entrepreneurs. The aim is to create a network of women in agribusiness, increase information flow within women agribusiness networks and with their markets, supply chains and other service providers, including investment and financing partners. Other benefits of taking part in this program include:
- Participate in a global B2B fair to be facilitated by VALUE4HER programme
- Be eligible for a two phase agribusiness management and leadership training
- Have a chance to apply for a competitive grant aimed at spurring innovation in women’s agribusinesses
- Additional capacity building support planned under VALUE4HER programme
- Who can apply?
- A registered company, in one of the African countries (see eligible countries)
- Must have been in existence for a period of not less than three years
- Business capitalisation of $20,000 but not exceeding $100,000
- How to apply
You can register online following the links below:
If you are an applicant from Eastern Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, Eritrea, South Sudan, Djibouti, Somalia), click here to apply.
If you are an applicant from Southern Africa (South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Botswana, Mozambique, Lesotho, Namibia, Angola, Swaziland), click this link to apply.
Final publishing of successful agribusinesses, 15th October 2018For more information on the grants and application process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org