We are happy to present to you The 2015 Africa Prosperity Summit “Promoting Wealth and Wellbeing”.
GDP growth across the continent has fed an “Africa Rising” narrative. But many Africans have failed to benefit from the current economic boom. The Legatum Institute, with the support of the Ford Foundation, will host a conference in Tanzania with experts from academia, civil society, business and politics to discuss how to promote true prosperity.
The Legatum Institute is an international think-tank and educational charity. Its aim is to promote prosperity by revitalising capitalism and democracy. The Legatum Prosperity Index, our signature publication, ranks 142 countries in terms of wealth and wellbeing.
In December 2014, the Institute launched its Africa Prosperity Report, a publication that goes beyond economic considerations in offering a comprehensive overview of the continent’s performance. By combining expert knowledge with extensive data, the report provides a broader picture of the current situation in African countries. The report focuses on three key actors: the well-educated; female entrepreneurs; and the middle class.
- Zeinab Badawi, Chair of the Royal African Society (More)
- Marieme Jamme, CEO, SpotOne Global Solutions (More)
- Obiageli ‘Oby’ Ezekwesili, Senior Economic Advisor, Open Society Foundations (OSF); Senior Economic Advisor for Africa Economic Development Policy Initiative (AEDPI) (More)
- Cina Lawson, Minister of Post and Digital Economy, Togo (More)
- Chris Bradford, founder and Chief Executive Officer, African Leadership Academy
This conference is supported by the Ford Foundation.
Date: 20-21 May 2015
Venue: Hyatt, Kivukoni Rd, Dar es Salaam 9574, Tanzania
Attendance is free of charge but all expenses outside of the conference, including travel and accommodation, will need to be covered by the delegate.
To apply and for more information, visit here.
Photo Credit: The Hinckley Institute of Politics
Share, Comment and Join Us Here: