Nominations are open for Black British Business Awards. Find out how you can apply.
Launched on 12th March 2015 at BNP Paribas with attendees including Business Secretary Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP and Piers Linney, this year’s award is endorsed by the Prime Minister David Cameron. With EY as key sponsor for the second year running, the awards will look to further strengthen recognition of the important contribution made by Black British business professionals and entrepreneurs.
What is Black British Business Awards?
The Black British Business Awards launched in 2014 as the only premium awards programme which recognises and celebrates the exceptional performance and outstanding achievements of black entrepreneurs and professionals in Britain. The 2014 awards also received support from Baker & McKenzie, BP, EDF Energy, Reed Smith, Thomson Reuters and Virgin Money.
This year’s ceremony will be held at The Hilton Park Lane Hotel, London, on 20thOctober 2015, and will recognise 10 outstanding black business professionals and entrepreneurs in five industry categories:
- Financial Services (includes banks, brokers, payment services, insurance companies, credit cards, funds and regulators)
- Retail and Consumer Goods (includes food, beverage, household goods, retail, travel and leisure, cosmetics, personal and luxury goods)
- Infrastructure and Manufacturing (includes transportation, built environment, power and utilities)
- Professional Services (includes law, accounting, management consultancy and in-house professionals)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (includes health, industrials, telecoms, pharmaceuticals, transport and energy
This year’s awards will be judged by some of the top business minds in the UK including:
- Sanjay Bhandari, Partner, EY
- Karen Blackett OBE, CEO MediaCom
- Sophie Chandauka, Co-Founder of the Black British Business Awards and Head of Group Treasury (Legal) at Virgin Money
- Donna Herdsman, Director – UK Public Sector at Hewlett-Packard
- Adrian Joseph | Director and Head of Adometry Client Services EMEA, Google
- Dr Sandie Okoro, Global General Counsel of HSBC Asset Management
- Paul Reed, Chief Executive of Integrated Supply and Trading at BP
- Daniel Taylor, Managing Director, Metro Design
According to Melanie Eusebe, Chair and Co-Founder of the Black British Business Awards:
“We are all relishing the opportunity to build on the success of last year’s awards. There were so many brilliant and inspirational individuals amongst our finalists last year, and I’m delighted we have another chance to put some of the exceptional black British entrepreneurs and business minds in the UK under the spotlight.”
“Improving the diversity of UK PLC transcends the responsibility of government, business and individuals. There is no quick fix or silver bullet, but role models undoubtedly have an important part to play.
“The Black British Business Awards are a fantastic opportunity to uncover hidden talent and shine the spotlight on the UK’s top business leaders. EY is proud to support these inaugural awards and I look forward to meeting this year’s inspirational entrants.” – Sanjay Bhandari, an EY partner and member of the awards judging panel.
You can submit nominations here – http://www.thebbbawards.com/nominate/
Deadline: Monday 5 May 2015.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organisation and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organisation, please visit ey.com