Are you an exceptional young business person from Commonwealth? Learn how you can become a commonwealth first export champion.
Are you a Small Business Owner from a Commonwealth country? And are you looking for how to export your products to the UK? Here’s an exciting opportunity to make this happen!
Look at Shalom Lloyd, for example, who is a British-Nigerian business woman from the UK, who became an export champion in 2018. She is the founder of Naturally Tribal, a high quality natural skincare product. As a Commonwealth champion, she met with Lord Mayor of London @citylordmayor, CWEIC chief @RichardDABurge and as well as prominent business leaders and government officials in Nigeria.
Shalom did it and you can too! But wait, you need to answer these questions first:
- Do you want access to 1/3 of the world’s population?
- Is your business growing fast with high export potential?
- Do you have ambitious plans to grow internationally?
- Do you have what it takes to become a Commonwealth Export Champion?
CommonwealthFirst established the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council (CWEIC) with a mission to encourage small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to trade and invest across the Commonwealth. This market comprises of 53 English speaking countries with a combined population of 2.2 billion – at least 60% of whom are under the age of 30 – and a combined GDP of approximately US$9.6 trillion.
Over three years, Commonwealth is selecting 100 leading UK SMEs to become Commonwealth Export Champions. Export Champions will have a unique access and support in their work to win new business in the fast growing Commonwealth markets. Their success will be showcased as an encouragement to the wider UK business community.
The enterprise will select small business owners with a focus on e-commerce as well as early stage start-ups to businesses across all the Commonwealth nations.
What’s in it for you as a Commonwealth export champion?
As an export champion, you will be a part of a world-class 3-year programme. You will also have international support which include:
- Travelling to fast growing Commonwealth markets such as Australia, Canada, India, Malaysia, Nigeria and South Africa
- Access to high level networks and introductions: so you can ensure you are dealing with the right people in country
- Training and mentoring: leading UK exporters, country and technical experts will support you
- Profiling and branding opportunities
- Assistance from UK Government, Trade Associations, Chambers of Commerce and a network of Suppliers
Seems like this is an opportunity you shouldn’t miss and you should indeed apply.
Applications are now open and it seems fairly simple to apply this time to become an Export Champion. You can view and download the application form immediately. Click here.
Stay connected on our business page. We share interesting news!