Africa’s leading technology news portal, AppsAfrica.com is now accepting nominations for the best innovations suitable for the AppsAfrica Innovation Awards. With over 200 entries and 21 African participating countries, the awards saw 10 winners.
AppsAfrica provides strategic operational planning services for mobile and tech ventures launching in Sub-Saharan Africa. The AppsAfrica.com Innovation Awards does not only celebrate ventures who win the award with global publicity but it also gives an opportunity to network with over 500 industry peers and investors.
“Our mission is always to promote and honour the fantastic innovation across the mobile and tech ecosystem in Africa. We had diverse entries from 21 countries and both the finalists and winners are a testament to how technology is being used to disrupt business models, empower people and drive positive social impact across the continent,”
These 10 categories are considered in the award:
- Disruptive Innovation Award
- Best Social & Messaging Award
- Best African App Award
- Enterprise Solution Award
- News & Entertainment Award
- Educational Award
- Fintech Award
- Social Impact Award Brand On Mobile Award
- Women In Tech Award
According to the press release, the awards are judged by an expert panel based on their knowledge and experience within the industry as well as their influence and contributions to tech and business on the African continent.
Two Nigerian companies took home awards last year; check out the other apps involved:
- Opera’s Web Pass (Nigeria) which took home the Disruptive Innovation Award
- Bookly (South Africa) took home the award for Best Mobile Innovation
- GeoPoll (Kenya/USA) received the award for Non-Data Mobile Innovation
- Tuluntulu (South Africa) took home the award for Best African App
- VCpay (South Africa) received the award for Fintech Innovation
- GiftedMom (Cameroon) was awarded the Health Innovation Award
- mPaper (Tanzania) received the award for EEducational Innovation
- CodeX (South Africa) which took the Social Impact Award
- Gamsole (Nigeria) received the Best Entertainment Award
- Emefa Kpegba of OMobileFunding (Togo) took home the award for Women in Tech
Entries Deadline: 10 September 2016
Winners will be announced in October 2016. The event will be held in Cape Town.
More information about the event can be found here.