Remember when we posted about the seedstar competition where entrepreneurs with innovative ideas can apply to win funding? That’s right! Lagos was considered for the local competition for startups and with over 100 applications received, only 8 made the cut. From fintech, e-learning to retail, the August 11 pitch result had 8 startups whose businesses where less than 2 years old, have raised less than $500,000 in funding, have an MVP, traction and can scale.
Check out the eight startups below:
- Davtonlearn, a cloud-based e-learning platform for professional courses
- Tuteria, an online tutoring service
- Legal Form, a registration portal for companies, land, vehicles, work permits, food and drugs
- Piggybank.ng, a service built by Sharphire Global that helps you save by automatically debiting your account at regular intervals
- Quick Gas, an online cooking gas retailing platform
- Kangpe, a med-tech platform that connects patients with verified doctors via SMS, their mobile app
- Grit Systems, a startup that makes an internet enabled
- Social Lender, a short-term loan service that is deeply integrated with user social profiles
Seedstars World offers exclusive and global startup competition to promote, connect and invest up to $1.5mn for Entrepreneurs in emerging markets in 60 countries.
The winner of each Local Event will be invited to Switzerland to represent his startup and country at the global finals. The Final Event is a week long adventure consisting of a bootcamp, international conference and investor forum. It’s an amazing chance to meet with investors, build a global network and grow your business.
“Our mission is to discover startups that come from bustling, emerging economies like Nigeria and give them access to opportunities for support and funding,” Benjamin Benaim said (he’s the founding partner at Seedstars) “Specially this year, we have launched our first physical co-working space in Nigeria called Seedspace, and the Seedstars Academy, where we are constantly striving to add more value to our startups. Therefore, I am very excited for our Seedstars World event in Lagos.”