Young Nigerian lawyer Fatima Bombom Sani made history when the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Mahmud Mohammed, other members of the Body of Benchers (BOB) and the Council of Legal Education (CLE), other dignitaries and the new wigs (her colleagues just called to Bar); all stood up to applaud and honour her.
For breaking the record with her results, the brilliant lawyer received a one of a kind standing ovation. Fatima bagged 9 separate awards breaking the previous 7 awards ever received at Call to the Bar of Nigerian Law School.
The awards include:
- “Best Student of the Year (1st Prize)’’ donated by Sir Adetokunbo Ademola, Dr. Taslim Elias and Justice Atanda Fatayi-Williams
- ‘’Council of Education Star Award’’
- Corporate Law Practice donated by Chief Adegboyega Awomolo SAN
- Best Overall Female Student of the year award donated by National Association of Women Judges
- Best Female Student in Criminal Litigation award donated by Mrs. Oluwatoyin Doherty.
- Best Student in Civil and Criminal Litigation award donated by Chief Joe-Kyari Gadzama SAN
- Prize for 1st Class Students donated by the Director General of the Nigerian Law School (NLS) and more
Born to the family of Mr and Mrs Engr Abel A. Sani 26 years ago, Fatima hails from Adavi-Ege in Adavi LGA of Kogi State and attended University of Abuja where she had her LLB with Second Class (Upper). She excelled with First Class honours in the 2015 Bar final examination.
Huge congrats to Fatima for such a great accomplishment.